Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Who are these people?

I never saw them, at least not all together like this!

Lynn, a woman at my church, organizes this 5K. I was in it, not for any athletic reasons, but more for solidarity. Irene, Kathy, and I walked the race, starting well before these guys, and I'm embarrassed to admit it, ending well after them, too! We did see them whiz past one by one as we strolled the back stretch.

We had fun doing our own thing (which included breakfast), but it was cool to watch the racers come past. The first people were young and fast, but the people in the back were very cool. They plodded along with determination, and their effort expended looked to exceed those in front of them. I found every one of them impressive.

But the cutest was the little ten year old girl with her family. She looked so proud to be keeping up.

We even decided that our church should host a booth at the festival next year. We're all over it. See, we were working.

No comments: