Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Look Vanessa, the bags are back.

This is a rare find. Both cats are in the same room. We have two cats which we got as kittens about four years ago. I think they were about 7 weeks when we got them. We went to visit them at the neighbor's when they were two weeks, so I remember them as little fluff balls. When they came, they did everything together. It used to crack me up. They ate together, played together, and slept together. What really amazed me was that they pooped together. I could never figure out how they communicated that one. "Hey, Java, want to poop?" "Yea Latte. Good idea. Let's go."

At five months, they went their separate ways. At first we didn't notice that it was more than a separation -- it was pure hate. We really noticed after this past January. I set a piece of burlap on a dining room chair one evening, but before I could get rid of it, Latte claimed it as her own. For the next month, she sat and slept there constantly. Then, for about fours days, there was cat fighting. When it ended, Java was on the burlap and Latte was off. I realized that Java had shoved Latte into a corner of the house. She moved into Andy's room. Andy, being a teenager, never left his room either, so he welcomed Latte. About a week later, Java appeared at the door, only to be attacked by Latte. It worked. Java left never to return.

Months later, I find this. Maybe they don't hate each other completely.

No comments: