Sunday, July 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Andy!

Andy turned eighteen, so we needed to party. He wanted an ice cream cake, so we made the ice cream cake to beat all ice cream cakes. Did you know that an ice cream cake from Carvel costs $10 per quart? This one cost $1.50 per quart.

I used three half gallons of ice cream and an entire package of Archway cookies. I used a large bowl and lined it in plastic wrap. I put the chocolate ice cream in first and pressed it down with a plastic-baggie-covered hand. Then I chopped up half the cookies and put them on with a few mini chocolate chips. Next was a layer of vanilla, then the rest of the cookies and some chips, then strawberry ice cream. I refroze it good and hard and popped it out of the bowl. I whipped up some whipping cream with blue food coloring and frosted it, then sprinkled on some mini chips.


I think it feeds 50. It cost about 10 bucks. I love a good bargain.


No comments: