Friday, August 22, 2008

Isn't he beautiful?

I don't know what to say. There are no words to add to that picture to improve on it.

It's weird how images live in your memory, though. This is Seth, my oldest brother's son. He joggles up images of Steve, my older brother who is the younger of the two. (As kids, I'd call him my younger brother just to get him going.) If you'd asked me two months ago what he looked like as a baby, I'd have said, "I don't know. I've forgotten." Steve hasn't look like this is years, since he's 48 now. He didn't even look like this by the time he got to junior high, yet without even trying, I opened the attachment and went, "Wow, Steve!" When I was toddling around, the image of his little pre-school face was being burned in my memory and is still there.

No comments: