Monday, November 17, 2008

If only you could see the snow.

For my Australian readers, yes, you're right. Northern Hemisphere + right now = winter. We are just really, really slow about some things.

My intention was always to put up a nice clothesline when I moved here. When Mark announced this fall that he was ready, I didn't say anything about the season; I just agreed that it was time. Today, he finished it, then it started to snow.

Ah, but the plans I have for this when spring returns! The two outer lines are on pulleys. They turned out to be expensive, so we put static lines inside. I can use the static lines for blankets and such. I have a septic system, so I can only do so much laundry at a time, which means that I had no need for a bigger clothesline. It's 25 feet long.

I feel much better now, environmentally. The contrast between my beliefs and my dryer use were starting to really, really bug me.

No comments: