Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Ta Da!


This isn't really a good picture of the stairs. When I'm outside with my camera, I can't see the image in the little window very well. I can just see the larger shapes, so I'm not aware when I'm not getting the part I wanted.

I wanted to show you the weeds growing out of the cracks of the stairs. Every year I've done this one yard task. I love these stairs. Old and full of history, they remind me of the Parthenon. Someone thought stairs in the yard was worth all the work of cutting stone and spending resources back when things weren't as easy to do as they are now. Heavy equipment rental stores weren't down the street when these were built. I think they were built in 1950. OK, maybe they aren't quite like the Parthenon, but they aren't like Wegman's Plaza, either!

I've never missed a summer cleaning them. The first few summers I was here, they were the only thing in the yard that got any of my attention, except maybe a margarita or two.
The part of the rock garden that remains in spite of the septic leach field that covers the bulk of it continues to seem daunting to me. I will continue to ignore it this year.

No comments: