Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Finally, weeds!

The garden popped out millions of these little sprouts. They are not grass; they have two leaves that spread out. They all popped out after an overnight rain. I couldn't wait to get out there and hoe, but, of course, we can't find the hoe. The last time anyone can remember, Rob had it out in his dirt pile, which has since been covered with the new septic field. Could be anywhere.

So I used a long handled thing with tines on the end to "hoe" around the plants. Rob and I have both used the "garden weasel" to get between the rows, far enough from the plants that it won't hurt the plants' roots. We aren't done with between the rows, yet. But the parts that are done look nice and groomed.

And the most exciting part? I think my plants have grown bigger!

No comments: